Thursday, December 29, 2011

Purple Pumpkin December sketch

Hi!  Hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas.  I certainly did!  My boys got spoilt rotten and had an absolute ball.  For me, Christmas is all about seeing the excitement and joy on their faces.  The magic of Christmas really does lie in the hearts of our children.  Anyways, as they run wild this afternoon playing with all their new toys I thought I would get creative.  My mum recently got some photos of her and my dad on their wedding day printed out.  Of course I needed a copy.  This morning I ended up stopping at Kaisercraft and grabbing a few bits and pieces.  I chose a few bits from the After Five Collection thinking of my parents wedding photo.... and voilà

Okay, so it's no masterpiece... but I did have quite a few interruptions... and a rather large argument with the big Kaisercraft flourish lol.  I didn't just want the black and grey tones so I eventually (have I ever mentioned how much trouble I have with making decisions lol) decided to go with a bit of red... although I'm still wondering if that was the right decision lol.  I've used a Purple Pumpkin button and also pulled apart one of the star embellishments so I could use the red diecut at the back.  Finally I've used my Spellbinders Grand Shapeabilities to make the butterfly.  The red is darker in real life... so it doesn't seem to take over as much as it does here... but oh well.  This sketch was great and if you're really quick you can join the fun!  Head over here to see the sketch and all the wonderful creations using it :-)  Thanks for stopping by and hope you're having a beautiful day xoxox 

4 comments:

  1. Love this layout Kerri! I think the red looks great, it really breaks up the dark colours in the After Five Collection! I had to laugh to myself thinking of you arguing with the flourish lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous layout and one to remember well..thanks for playing along at PP

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely layout, thanks for playing along with us at purple pumpkin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this is fantastic! It's a masterpiece to me! It's GORGEOUS!!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete