Saturday, October 31, 2015

Kraft Plus October challenge

Lookie here!  Second blog post in a month... go me!  When I saw the October challenge over at the Kraft Plus blog I immediately had a photo in mind... with some itty bitty shells ready to go!  Here is the challenge...



And here is my take on it...

 
 
I got the ol' paints and imapasto out last night and had a bit of play.  A very simple layout, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :-)  Especially since it's a budget friendly layout... shells from the beach, sand from the sand pit, a li'l metal embellishment from a candle, a button and a flair button from Flutterby Designs (ahhh, there's that feather!).  Apologies, it isn't the greatest photo, as it's a rather rainy day here today.  I promise it does look more vibrant in real life... there is even a touch of glitter on the 'water'... but you wouldn't know it. 
 
So there you have it!  My second layout for the month (just)... let's see how we go on my retreat next weekend lol 
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a beautiful day xoxox

4 comments:

  1. I think this looks fabulous....love it that you've 'recycled' some elements, too....that bg looks amazing & I am super impressed with the sand! Really, really nice take on our K+ challenge - thanks for joining in....oh, & Flutterby Designs......are they NICE or what??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous work Kerri!
    I love all of the amazing texture you have achieved .. ohh that sand!

    Thank you for playing along with K+ challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the challenge...I adore the background, I love the addition of the sand, so perfect with that photo. Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the mixed media and the gauze is so dreamy. Great job and thanks for joining us at K+

    ReplyDelete