Thursday, November 21, 2013

Scrap the Boys: November Challenge

Hi!  It's been a while.  And I must say I haven't been scrapping much at all.  Life has just been rather busy!  So I thought I would sit down this afternoon and have a go at the November challenge over at Scrap the Boys.  The challenge is "man's best friend".  I had a photo of my son and our dog that I've wanted to scrap for a while... it's not the best photo, but it conveys the story.  So here it is:
This was a super quick layout using mainly Kaisercraft... no cool techniques or anything here.  But I like it :-)  Sometimes I think I can get a little too wrapped up in the new techniques and products and forget why I am scrapping... to tell the story.  This is a layout of my eldest son, Evan, and our dog Charli.  Evan has been diagnosed with ASD and can often have trouble communicating and relating to other people.  But he seems to have a connection with animals.  He is kind, gentle and loving to all creatures (great and small lol).  Our dog Charli, also seems to have a lovely connection with him.  She gets so excited when Evan heads towards the back door and then follows him around everywhere outside.  It's hard to see Ev struggle at school with his peers, but I love seeing him with Charli.  They really do have a special bond xoxox
 
That's about it from me.  I better go get some dinner started.  Head here if you would like to take part in the challenge or check out other talented scrappers takes on the challenge.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a terrific day!!!



2 comments:

  1. What an awesome LO. I do like these Kaiser papers. Love the photo and I love the story. It is just beautiful they care about and love each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photo and great choice of papers and colours!
    Love your cluster of goodies
    Thanks for sharing with us at STB :)

    ReplyDelete