Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Kraft It Up: November Challenge

Good afternoon!  There are a million and one things I could be doing right now.  With renovations in full swing here my house is in all sorts of disarray.  My vegetable garden has no edible plants in it at all and my native garden has more weeds than natives... but I woke up this morning and thought PFFT!!!  Bugger everything I should be doing... I'm tired, have a head ache and have to work tonight.  Today I am going to do something for me :-)  I had a browse through my reading list and found the November Challenge for Kraft It Up!  Yep, I've spent the morning scrapping.  I chose a random (and rather cute photo) and VOILA!!!


This came together super fast for me :-D  All finished and stuck down before lunch :-O  A photo of my dear little boy fast asleep!  The challenge was 'mimimalist'.  Love this style... although I struggle a bit.  There's a good deal of 'white space' in this layout... I think.  Although, I did manage to squeeze a fair bit of stuff on too. I've used a kraft bag and badge from The Greatest View, a cute little button and some twine from Purple Pumpkin (I thought the little teddy in the plane matched the photo and the 'soar' badge so well) and some gorgeous pins from A Li'l Something.  The chipboard stars are from Stuff 2 Scrap and the chipboard title is from Scrap Fx.  I covered the chipboard stars and title in Smooch Spritz... I'm telling you this because it has the most amazing shimmer and sparkle, but it doesn't show up very well in the photo.  Below is my little  bit of journalling that is inside the bag if you're interested :-)  Head over to Kraft It Up to see the DT;s beautiful example and the other entries.  Oh, and Kraft It Up is having a DT call too!!!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a SUPER day!

I love watching you sleep Royce.  You sleep so soundly, so peacefully, so innocently.  You go to bed so happily every night.  You snuggle down next to Charlie Bear, Woody, Jessie, Scooby Doo, SpottyWot or another one of your favourite toys... Actually, It's almost always more than one and often I have to pull them out from under you after you have fallen asleep!  Every night I give you a kiss and you give me one back.  Every night I tell you "I love you" and your tell me "I love you too Mummy".  Every night as I walk out of the room you will say "see you in the morning" or "sweet dreams" or something along those lines.  And every night I walk out of your room wondering how on Earth was I lucky enough to have such a beautiful little boy.  I love you so much xoxox

2 comments:

  1. Amazing layout using the minimalist technique Kerry. Thanks so much for playing along with us. I love the stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kerry, this is so sweet! I love the little brown paper bag and the button and the pins and the misting..... love it all x

    ReplyDelete